The advantage of APPLY’s Big Bag Slitter for Mud Additive Skids in the drilling industry is its integration into the dry chemical mixing part of a mud storage and circulation system.
Its main features are
- dust limited operation during slitting of the bag by use of a flexible rubber band and a dedicated fan-filter system,
- the use of exchangeable multi-pointed knives
- and accurate feeding of the dry chemicals by a speed-controlled dosing conveyor.
The Big Bag Slitter consists of these main items:
- Hopper supported on 4 rubber pads, and with holding capacity more than 1m3
- Two knife sections bolted to the four corners of the hopper, with a total of 9 sharp tips
- Four rubber bands encircling the hopper, exchangeable in order to fit all types of slim or fat sacks for dust free emptying
- Fan-filter unit (see next page)
- Electric vibrator with adjustable force, in order to fully empty the hopper
- Manual knife valve for isolation
- Dosing conveyor with electric speed-controlled motor